If you’ve never had muesli (pronounced mu-zli), it’s like a tasty parfait-oatmeal fusion. This breakfast is easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time for on-the-go mornings. It’s sweet and filling, just what you need to start your day!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes (excluding oats which soak overnight)
Tip: Add other ingredients like fruit (bananas, peaches, etc.), nuts (pistachios, walnuts, etc.) and raisins.
• 1 cup old fashioned whole grain oats
• 3/4 cup almond milk
• 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1 tsp. sugar
• 2 tsp. brown sugar
• 1/2 tsp. butter
• 1 pear, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
• 1/8 cup coconut flakes
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• Pour oats and sugar into a jar; add almond milk to the brim of the oats. Let sit 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
• Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar. Lay pear slices flat in skillet; let cook 2 to 4 minutes each side until slightly browned. Once color begins to change, add a dash of cinnamon to each slice and flip, cooking another 1 to 2 minutes until browned and caramelized. Remove pears from heat.
• In same skillet, add coconut flakes and almonds. Toast until lightly brown and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Combine yogurt, oats, pears and top with almonds and coconut flakes.