by Sarah G. Mason
This fun twist on a classic favorite is just what your Friday night needs. Sun-dried tomatoes, hot sausage and fresh Oaxaca cheese star in this tasty grilled pizza.
What You’ll Need:
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
• 1 cup sweet onion, diced
• 1 poblano pepper, diced
• 2 BoBoli’s premade mini pizza crusts
• Oaxaca cheese, thinly sliced
• 3 oz. dry spicy sausage, sliced
• ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
• 1–1/2 tbsp. pine nuts
• 1 tbsp. fresh chopped oregano (or 1 tsp. dried oregano)
What to do:
1) Preheat grill to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook garlic, onion and pepper for 8 to 10 minutes, or until caramelized. Spread sautéed mixture evenly over the premade pizza crusts.
3) Top with sliced cheese, sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts and oregano.
4) Carefully move pizza directly onto the grill using a pizza peel. Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. When cooked, return to pizza peel; transfer to a cutting board.
5) Slice and enjoy!
Oaxaca cheese, or Queso Oaxaca, is a white, semi-hard cheese from Mexico. It’s named after the state of Oaxaca in southern Mexico where it originated. Queso Oaxaca is similar in flavor to un-aged Monterey Jack, but with a mozzarella-like string cheese texture.