As you’re hurrying out the door in the morning, you want a breakfast that’s filling and delicious, but you need something you can grab on the go. This broccoli-cheddar quiche is the perfect solution. It’s warm, nutritious and satisfying. Best of all, it can be made ahead and saved for a quick, out-the-door meal.
What You’ll Need:
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
• 1 cup cheddar (grated)
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper
• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1) Preheat oven to 350° F, and grease a 12-cup muffin tin
2) Steam the broccoli until just tender, about 5-6 minutes
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, cream, eggs and egg yolks
4) Stir in cheese, broccoli, salt, pepper and nutmeg
Ladle egg mixture into prepared muffin cups and bake until browned, about 25 minutes
6) Enjoy now, or refrigerate for later use!